Learn About the chateau
Life at Chateau de la Motte
ESCAPE, RELAX, ENJOY
Chateau de la Motte and its surroundings
The chateau is furnished and equipped for guests to enjoy themselves to the full. The house is bright and airy in the summer, while fires in all the principal rooms and the kitchen provide a warm and cosy atmosphere in cooler months.
The kitchen is well equipped and a social focal point for cooking. Should you prefer, though, Laetitia will always be happy to cook or prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The grounds contain parkland and woodland, a stream and a lake. A swimming pool, hard tennis court and a trampoline are just a few of the ways in which guests can entertain themselves.
Many people find so much to do on and around La Motte that they hardly leave the property except for the bread run and the local shops. You can relax or be active; you can do things together or you can escape to quiet parts of the house or grounds for some peace.
If you want to discover this part of France, within easy reach you can find restaurants, activities for children and adults, abundant cultural heritage and some of France’s finest wines. Some of our favourite activities and places to visit are covered in the ‘The Area’ section.
To discover detailed information about the house, local amenities and its location please see the ‘General Information’ at the bottom of this page.
GREAT FOR KIDS
Life at the Chateau - a child's perspective
ESCAPE, RELAX, ENJOY
The Chateau and Champagne/Burgundy Area
"I just wanted to write and let you know that we have a most wonderful stay at Chateau de la Motte. You have a beautiful place and Laetitia is just wonderful. I also wanted to thank you again for helping us three years ago. When our daughter was ill you were very kind and refunded our payment immediately. Other companies were terrible. As a result I always wanted to find a time to come back to Chateau de la Motte, and I am so glad I did."
- WIFI extensive and fast broadband
- Gas/Electric cooker
- American style fridge/freezer, dishwashers
- Washing Machine, Tumble dryer
- Televisions, DVD player, DVD library
- Bridge table, cards
- Full central heating
- Telephone and fax
- Cot and high chair
- Domestic help and Linen provided
- Dogs welcome
- Meals cooked or prepared by arrangement
Within 10 Minutes
- Mid-sized Carrefour
- Farm shop
- Village with bakery, hairdresser, florist, ATM and vet
- The Seine: swimming and Kayaking
Within 30 Minutes
- Troyes: UNESCO World Heritage site, restaurants, outlet shopping centers and a covered food market
- Champagne villages
Within 1 hour
- Nigloland Theme Park
- Seven hectares containing parkland, woods, a stream and a lake
- Heated pool
- Hard tennis court
- Table tennis
- Boat on the moat
- Zip Wire
The climate is continental, cold winters and warm summers. From April to September the mean daily temperature peak is similar to that at Cannes
- Driving: Calais (4 hours), Paris (2 hours), Brussels (4 hours 30)
- Train: Troyes 1 hour 30 minutes from Paris Gare de l’Est
- Flying: Paris Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly both approximately 2 hours